Congratulations! It is time to start planning your flowers for your wedding day. The Bloomgirls at Bloomberry Floral love to collaborate with our couples to create a canvas of flowers that celebrates their personal style and their venue choice. Before you get started there are some items you need to make decisions about prior to selecting floral’s for your ceremony and reception. To ease the process for you we have put together a guide to help.
1. Establish Your Wedding Floral Budget Plan on 8 – 10 percent of the total wedding budget to flowers. This includes bridal flowers to ceremony and reception flowers. At our first meeting we will establish how to best allocate your money to create the setting of your dreams within your budget. When putting together your budget remember to consider the number of guests that you will be inviting and the number of individuals in your bridal party. Do you have your heart set on a particular table centerpiece or bouquets for your bridesmaids? Keep this in mind when making your decisions. The more tables or more attendees the higher the cost.
2. Consider Your Taste and Establish a Floral Theme Don’t know what style you want at your wedding? Start browsing sites on the internet like: Pinterest, The Knot, Style me Pretty, bridal magazines and don’t forget to look thru our wedding inspiration of some of our most recent weddings. Gather the ideas that you are attracted to. What designs are you more drawn to: vintage, Scandinavian, rustic country, modern, classic, prairie outdoors or whimsical style wedding? Create a file and don’t only include bridal pictures but also color palettes and other photos that you are attracted to. Bring this with to your initial consultation. By putting the leg work in prior to your consultation you will have a good start to your look book for your wedding vision. This will help us to assist you in making your floral selections. See a photo that you love the flower choices but not the colors? Bring that with you too.
3. Consider your Venue Decor when making selections This is one that is often overlooked. Don’t just make your selections based off of the color of your dresses or your favorite style, but consider the decor and setting of your venues. What does the reception site look like? Is it modern and clean lines or a rustic barn? Is there a color that really stands out? Bring photos from your venues to our meeting so we can talk about it. We are also more than happy to visit your venue selection and offer our thoughts. Looking for some other inspirations…make sure to check out our Pinterest page and find Bloomberry Floral on Instagram.
4. Select a Wedding Color Palette Prior to your meeting with us to start making your selections you should have already selected your dress, the bridesmaids dresses, and know what color the groom and groomsmen will be wearing. We cannot really start the selection process until this is done.
5. Select your Bouquet & Boutonniere Style The style of your wedding dress & tuxedo or suit really sets the tone for the shape and style of bouquet & boutonniere that will compliment you. Selecting the Bridal bouquet and boutonniere is really the most important selection of the whole process. The bride/groom are the center of the celebration. The majority of the pictures that you will cherish for years to come will have the bride/groom along with their bouquet/boutonniere in it. Do not cut your budget in this area and make sure that your selection compliments the style.
6. Draft a Preliminary List Start sketching together the list of items you would like. How many bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres? Do you want pew arrangements, altar arrangements, other decor for the ceremony? How about the reception site? How many and what size and shape tables are you planning? Will you have a head table? Is it a buffet or sit down dinner? Having these items together prior to your meeting will help us start putting together your proposal.
7. Schedule Your Consultation with Us As soon as these items are complete, contact us so we can setup your consultation. Our goal is to complete your floral choices 2 months prior to your wedding so that you are able to spend the moments up to the wedding relaxing and enjoying the time with family and friends and not worrying about the details of the wedding. Knowing that the Bloomberry Floral Team will create the back drop of your dreams.
Now you are ready; set up your consultation today to meet with Anne! Anne offers weekday and weekend consultations.
Bloomberry Floral takes on a limited # of weddings a season, do not hesitate.